Thursday, August 26, 2010

My Happy Life

::Warning! The following post may come off as achingly smug to working mamas. That is genuinely not my intention::

I was suffering from a bit of insomnia last night. While tossing, turning and trying to clear my head of all the junk it accumulated during the day(stupid internets), I got to thinking about the very best truism of my life; I am a stay at home mom and I get to spend almost all of my time with my little boy.

Simple, yes. Obvious, most definitely. But how lucky am I?

What an absolute luxury to be here for every milestone, smile and giggle. What an honor to get to teach him things, prepare all his food and endure the mess it makes when feeding him or letting him feed himself.

When I was younger I never imagined I’d be a housewife or SAHM. I thought I had too much to do. Nothing concrete exactly, just stuff. Important stuff.
But now I’m shaming my younger self by admitting that there is nothing I will ever do that is as important as making sure The Boy grows up to be a good man.

So, as The Boy naps, I am thanking my lucky stars to be fortunate enough to be his mom and, more than that, to be his primary caregiver. We are a non-stop, 24-7 Mom and Boy team and, as tired and frustrated as I may get at times, I wouldn’t change it for anything.

Now, if only he’d wake up so I could give him some of that tuna salad I slaved over.

2 comments:

  1. A phase of the moon, perhaps? I also had a revelation that led me to increased satisfaction with my choice about working and blogged about it this morning. Great minds think alike :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy! Time to get over to your blog :)

    ReplyDelete