Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Make Believe

One of my only memories of pre-school was of me wearing a veil and pretending I was a bride - probably the only time that happened until my mid-thirties and I actually WAS a bride. I remember being small and playing games but not so much of me pretending to be anything. I mean, I pretended to be Maria from West Side Story and Sandy from Grease, but that was later. A therapist might be able to have a field day with that.

So it's with a fair amount of relief that The Boy has been so keen to pretend to be an astronaut, a chef, a train engineer or whatever. Also, his school provides a bounty of dress up and make believe stuff, and they're generous lending policy. After The Little Boy was born The Boy went through a phase of bringing home a baby doll, he often brings home a pair of sparkly pink plastic heels or tap shoes, but most recently he's been coming home decked out as a fireman.



1 comment:

  1. These are great pics Aitchie! My son got a similar outfit from grandma and grandpa and he loves it!

    ReplyDelete