Friday, April 19, 2013

American Made Summer

It's been uncharacteristically cool here and I've been loving every second of it. We do, however, live in Southern California so it was bound to heat up eventually. That means it's time to bust out the sun block, shorts and tees so my pasty boy can run around outside without turning pink.

Digging through The Boy's disorganized stash of seasonal clothes I realized that last year's 3T shorts and tees were already getting too small for my big boy and that I'd have to purchase some Summer stuff before Summer to tide him over.

In keeping with my plan to buy more American made stuff I bought these shorts

 and these


and this shirt
in size 4 from American Apparel and the stuff just barely fits. My kid's three and a half and this stuff is, theoretically at least, supposed to last until he's five. WTF? How did my big boy get to be so big?

In any event, I went back and bought him a pair of these shorts in a size 6. They still look pretty small, but I can't bear the thought of buying him an even bigger pair. And besides, I swear I rocked the same pair of shorts in the late 70's and early 80's, so they'll be good for entertainment value if nothing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment