Thursday, December 1, 2011

One Week Later...

Thanksgiving: 2011 Edition

My parents divorced when I was a tween and put me alternating holiday schedule. 25 years later, and with another set of parents thrown into the mix(thank God Brits don't celebrate Thanksgiving!) and I'm still on the same approximate schedule.

This year Hubs, The Boy and I joined my mom and step-dad for a lovely dinner in a fancy restaurant, but not before spending the morning drinking coffee(Hubs and I), running around(Hubs and The Boy) and eating baked goods(all of us) with my dad and step-mom.



Our dinner was at an Italian restaurant so we had yummy pumpkin ravioli for an appetizer, perfectly cooked turkey, celery root mash and veg for the main, then an amazing desert trio composed of pumpkin creme brulee, apple sorbet and a chocolate cake. It was way more than enough food and the time between courses allowed Hubs and The Boy to check out the recently hung Christmas lights at the fancy hotel across the road.

Here is The Boy with "Gamma"

Here are The Boy, Mom and myself(please forgive the splotches on my shirt. The Boy is a messy eater)

And then, because we never seem to have pictures taken of the 3 of us when we're out, here is a pic Hubs took when we were home, fat and happy.

Just out of view, on Hubs' lap was Cat, so it was almost a pic of the whole team.

Hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving!

2 comments: