Friday, December 14, 2012

I'm Still Not a Martha, But I'm Trying

It's card writing, present wrapping season. I'm actually far more organized about it this year then I have ever been but I'm still lagging in the execution of my card sending and gift giving. Among the reasons for this are - stupid MS has weakened my stupid right hand and I am, of course I would be, right handed; my addresses are scattered amongst myriad files, address books and Post Its, meaning addressing my cards takes about 10 times longer than it should; I'm late to the personalized, self-inking stamp and spreadsheet-to-address-label thing. Of course if I took care of the latter issue the middle two issues would be solved.

Lesson learned.

But still, I read posts like THIS and I feel like all the domestic progress over the last few years still amounts to almost nothing. I mean, I've never been  Christmas card person, but shouldn't I be? I've got two cute kids and news and tidings to share.

So it was with that in mind that I set out to send Christmas cards to everyone in my address books. I got a Sharpie and scetched out 10s of cards and chicken scratched my way through envelopes.

Sent.

Then there was the week-long bakefest of sugar cookies, a new kind of cookie for me to be making, and assemblage of cookies and coffee gift certificates into pretty little gifts for The Boy's 6 teachers and the secretary at his school. The process was pretty stressful; being covered in flour when The Little Boy needed a new butt, trying not to lose my cool when The Boy ate all the green icing, allowing my normally far-from-spotless kitchen to descend into absolute filth. All because I'm trying really, really hard to be more thoughtful.


So it was with a huge sigh of relief that I set off this morning with a big bag full of little bags and ferried The Boy to school, with Kitty of course.


It was chilly and clear, his teachers were bundled up and happily drinking coffee as they greeted the children. And The Boy looked so cute bundled up in his puffer vest.

I wanted to get some pictures of him on the olast day of his first semester at school, but he first clung to close to me to get a pic then kept covering his eyes.
Then I managed to get him tolet me take a picture of him with one of his teachers before he wandered off and delivered each of the little presents to each of his teachers, making me so very proud of him.
Sniff.

No comments:

Post a Comment