Tuesday, December 21, 2010

My little intellectual

The past week's rain has meant that we've been doing a lot of reading lately, but today was an exceptionally literary one.

We did some picture/letter flash cards and then read a book called "Make Van Gogh's Bed" The Boy then set about riding his bike and running around as best he could.

After lunch and his first nap we then looked at some French flashcards, "J'aime les fruits!" and read "Tip Tip, Dig Dig." Then we read it again. Then I let him practice reading it himself while I read some of my own book.

Then he took it back to the shelf and demanded another book, so I grabbed "Monkey Puzzle," sat on our comfiest chair, snuggled up to The Boy and read the already well-loved book... twice, before giving it to The Boy to examine for a while.

Then it was time for "The Gruffalo." Again, I read it twice!

My kid was insatiable! I put the books away and he cried, mostly because he needed another nap, but also because he wanted to continue my way through his library/learning apparatus.

One can only hope that his love of (me) reading bodes well for the future. In the meantime, I plan to drink-in The Boy and mine's cuddly readings and try to be more patient, even if it means reading "The Gruffalo," "Tip Tip, Dig Dig," "Monkey Puzzle," or whatever else as many times as The Boy lets me.

No comments:

Post a Comment