Tuesday, March 29, 2011

One of those days

It's been one of those days - one of those weeks really - when I most things are a challenge and I'm wondering what I can do to cope/adapt/maintain my sanity.

In our living-dining room, where The Boy and I spend almost all of our time, we've already removed the dining room chairs(poor Hubs has to drag them out at dinner time), taped over the buttons on the TV, keep my laptop stashed under the sofa when not in use, childproofed the credenza and china cabinet as best we can and stashed any toys that can be used as step-stools in the oh-so-lovely pack-n-play we have in the corner.

But The Boy's bested all of our best efforts this week. He's broken my laptop(his freakishly long arms managing to reach all the way under the sofa), managed to move storage stuff over to the credenza so he can step up and move the tv and his perseverance at getting into the drawers just beyond the babygate in the kitchen mean that we spent the weekend with tea towels and Cuisinart parts on our teeny tiny kitchen floor.

We've been through phases like this before - where he takes a developmental leap and Hubs and I have to scramble to make the house safe for The Boy, but I'm really at a loss. My living room is bare but The Boy keeps finding stuff to get into.

I love my boy, but man is he work!

2 comments:

  1. I think he's been giving tips to Margaux, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boo! But then they don't call her Action Baby for nothing ;)

    ReplyDelete