Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Spring has nearly sprung

It's 5:30 pm and I'm looking out the window at broad daylight. Never mind the fact that I have a predilection for the colder temps and shorter days of Winter, I'm trying to take these early signs of Spring as a cue to get my act into gear re: doing outdoor activities with The Boy.

As it is our only regular activities are daily outings with Grandpa, weekly trips to Gymboree and busy weekends doing non-toddler-specific activities. I mean, yeah, The Boy gets a kick out of perusing the offerings at Trader Joe's, but I think it would be nice to use the warmer weather as an excuse to do stuff that's just for The Boy. More parks. More zoos, gardens and fairs.

Hubs put his foot down about going to Disneyland before The Boy's old enough to ask for it, but maybe there's something else like it that won't make Hubs cringe. An all day sort of thing that would expose The Boy to new things and allow him room to run around.

Ideas? Time to research.

2 comments:

  1. Well, we've got this in Marin, maybe you have something similar?
    http://www.baykidsmuseum.org/

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's apparently an awesome kid's museum in Pasadena that a friend and I have been meaning t get to, we just haven't yet :(

    That's why I'm hoping Spring would help motivate me. Of course it's raining now, but whatever.

    ReplyDelete