Wednesday, November 16, 2011

First Trip to the Dentist

This morning we all went to the dentist. Me for the first time in a year, Hubs for the first time in 4 years and The Boy for the first time ever. Yeah, we're bad.

We began with charming the front office with The Boy's big, blue eyes. Then there were tears when the hygienist approached in her face mask and smock, all ready to clean my teeth. After some Hubs love they settled into the next stall for The Boy's check-up... and it went well. I cringed and held tight to the arm-rests in anticipation for a meltdown, but it never came. He chatted to the dentist then came over to me and said "Mommy's upside down" before commencing a running commentary. He actually seemed to enjoy it, and I think I managed to fake being super cool with my gums being gauged out - have to trick him into thinking the dentist is awesome, after all.

They played Yo Gabba Gabba for him during Hubs's cleaning then sent us on our way with toothbrushes and a Spiderman sticker.

Not bad for an outing that nearly gave me an ulcer last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment