Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving

Happy belated Thanksgiving!

We had a quiet one at our house with my mom and stepdad.

I started working on the meal on Monday. I had been doing most of my prep in the mornings, while The Boy was at school. But I had to pick up the pace on Wednesday so The Boy was my sous chef, sitting in his helper chair. Well, mostly sitting in his helper chair. When narrating my way through the chopping of herbs I got the brilliant idea to let him smell them.

"Thyme smells pretty." He said. Then, "sage smells wet."

"Sage DOES smell wet," I said. Then I gave him the bare stems to smell and he acted like I'd given him a present.

It was one of those all-too-infrequent moments when I remind myself that MOST things are still new to my big boy.

So after a loooottt of chopping, mixing, sauteeing and baking we settled into a lovely dinner. I didn't take any pictures of the food itself, but here are some of us. None of us all together though :(





 

2 comments: