Friday, January 11, 2013

Back To School

The Boy started back at school this week after 3 weeks off. Uncle Hez, home for the holidays and taking a break from jet setting, came with us on Monday for the big drop off.
 
It wasn't a promising start as we witnessed several children clinging to their parents - a rarity since lat September/early October. But he was fine! I signed him in, we went for a wander then exchanged huggles and Hez and I were on our way.
 
Tuesday, however, was a different story. The drop off went fine but then, as I got in the car and went to put the key in the ignition, The Boy ran up to the gate - bottom lip extended, face crinkled up, hands holding onto the gate and one little foot trying to escape.
 
What? Not enough time had elapsed for him to be slighted or hurt by another kid, I'd only turned my back on him 30 seconds earlier. So I went to him and asked him what was up.
 
"Nothing." Sniff. "I just wanted to give you a kiss." And then he blew me a kiss.
 
Swoon. A teacher came up and they went for a walk as drove away.
 
We've had a few drop off hiccups since, but he seemed to be over the worst of it this morning. My little love.

No comments:

Post a Comment