Monday, January 14, 2013

Deja Vu

The Boy was a terrible sleeper. Really, really terrible. At first I blamed it on my supply issues - leaving him hungry and us fumbling while we made bottles for him - but that was just the first month. My milk came in and he was a well fed super chunk his whole first year. And happy, he was very happy too. But he just didn't have it in him to sleep for more than 2 or 3 hours, 5 on a good night. I was in a stupor that whole first year and can't, for the life of me, figure how Hubs functioned as well as he did. It was so rough.

So it was with much rejoicing that, upon meeting The Little Boy, we learned he was an awesome sleeper. Night 2 of his sweet little life was rough as he waited for my milk to come in, but it was super smooth sailing after that. Hooray!

But then, about a month ago, he started with the drooling and the hand sucking and the nomming everything withing his reach. No worries though as teething didn't seem to darken my sweet baby's mood.

Until this week. <> this week! The Little Boy has been working hard on those teeth, the bottom middle ones it looks like, and he's making sure we know it. Fussing all night, screaming all day and leading me to drink my weight in coffee and tea.

I knew it was coming, and of course it's to be expected, but shit this is hard.

1 comment:

  1. We had a great sleeper with Lila, sleeping through the night at 8 weeks, it was awesome. And then she turned 1.5, and it went downhill fast!

    ReplyDelete