Sunday, January 6, 2013

School's Out

Well, technically, it's almost starting back up again, but we've lasted 3 whole weeks of The Boy being out of school without me losing my sanity and The Boy not losing all of his toys.

Having spent everyday for 3 years with him I shouldn't have been too intimidated, but The Little Boy changed everything. No daily coffee with Grandpa, not able to run outside and play whenever we wanted to, quiet time when The Little Boy was napping, or needed to nap. Throw in The Boy not having his 3 hour outlet to "get the sillies out" at school, potty training and our living space cluttered up with The Little Boy's things - Jumperoo, swing, PacknPlay - and it's a wonder my poor oldest child has maintained any amount of manners or civility. He's had his moments, but he's actually done remarkably well. I'm a guilty, angsty mess, but he's been pretty good.

Anyway, here are some pictures of us getting out to play while The Little Boy napped.
 
And here we are having coffee with Grandpa and Daddy! Yeah, Hubs had the week between Christmas and New Year off. Maybe that's why we've all remained sane.

2 comments:

  1. We had a 3 week break too, I am ready for Tuesday to come but I will miss my time with Finn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, Boy's only been at school for 2 hours and I miss him already.

      Delete