Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Boy's Big Boy Room

I have a confession to make; The Boy still sleeps in our room. When we made the big move from Vancouver back to my native Southern California when I was 5 months pregnant we went out of our way to get a two bedroom place, because there would soon be three of us - 4 if you count the cat - in our household.

In the nearly 2 years that have passed The Boy has remained in our room and his room has gone from being a nursery to a guest room to a junk room, then back to a guest room and back to a junk room again.

So, The Boy may not sleep in our bed anymore, but his crib still occupies too much of our bedroom and Hubs is thinking we need to move the baby to his own room lest we be accused of being hippies.

So, with that in mind I found a dresser at a thrift store last weekend, sanded it and primed it. All that's left is for me to paint it and get new hardware for it.

Once that's done I'm hoping to get this bedding from Serena and Lily:

I like it because it's got more longevity than stuff with robots or teddy bears but seems more baby-appropriate than some of the stuff that's made for kids but looks like it's for adults.

I still can't believe my kid is, well, a kid. I can't believe that we're thisclose to moving him into his own room and letting him sleep in a bed, and not a crib.

Time for tea, but first I'll kiss his chubby cheek and hope I don't wake him.

No comments:

Post a Comment