Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I hurt

Not in the emotional, "my heart hurts" sort of way, but in the, "my whole body aches" sort of way. One week into taking my "disease modifying" injection of goodness thrice weekly and the flu-like symptoms it promises to yield are kicking my butt. Giving myself the shots has come fairly easily, but my muscles feel pummeled and my skin feels like it's on fire.

During the many, many years that I took my meds in the past I was occasionally beat down by these God-awful side effects, but only every once in a while and never when I was in charge of caring for the walking, talking sweetness that is The Boy.

So crap. I'll sit here and say it's all worth it if further disability is staved off, but really I'll be wanting to curl up under a blanket and eat cookie dough. In lieu of that - I am busy, after all - I think I'll take the golden opportunity afforded by The Boy's nap time to have a quick cup of tea and read the news before cleaning up from the hurricane that seems to have swept through my living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment