Tuesday, September 18, 2012

New Baby Wonderfulness

The Little Boy may still be a newborn, but he's growing super quckly. He's hitting those milestones and doing all the normal things that new humans do that seem miraculous - rolling from front to back, smiling toothless smiles, losing the hair he was born with and growing new, precious peach fuzz and cooing and babbling cheerfully.

One thing's for sure, I feel much more present this time around. As in love with The Boy as I was and miraculous as I found his time as a newborn, I was also in a bit of a fog. I sort of had to tell myself to appreciate that time rather than it happening organically. But now it's like I'm hyper-aware of how lucky I am and how fleeting this time is. Everything is momentous. Holding my gaze for 10 seconds warrants a cheer. Rolling over demands a high five(hard to do with a little hand held in a fist). I viewed the switching of The Little Boy's disposable diapers from NB to Size 1 as a major life event. Even I'm finding my enthusiasm slightly nauseating, and I'm me.

It goes by too quickly, for real, so perhaps a little excessive enthusiasm is acceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment