Thursday, September 27, 2012

One Of Those Days

I feel like I'm being driven to drink. For several days in a row The Big Boy has been a terror, throwing things, saying no to every request and refusing to nap. The Little Boy has joined in by refusing to nap anywhere but on my chest and wailing if I put him down for more than a nanosecond.

When I throw my hands up and admit defeat to the No Sleep Gods and try to roll with it I'm met with the lack of sleep nasties and crazies. The Boy can't settle on one activity for more than 5 minutes before saying, "I'm starving," then only eating half of what he's given and telling me that he's starving again. All the while The Little Boy is on a five minute schedule of happiness, sadness, pee, diaper change; happiness, sadness, poop, diaper change doze off; wake up 30 seconds after being put in his swing, just as I sit down to play with The Boy. It's like they're conspiring against me. Even Cat got in on it the other day by following me around the kitchen and meowing when the boys gave me a second to get an early start on dinner. For so much of my life I was used to no one wanting anything from me that days like today, like the last few days, really stress me out.

I wouldn't trade any of it, but man am I tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment