Thursday, September 6, 2012

The First Day Of School


Yesterday was The Boy's first first day of school. Well, The Boy actually went to summer school three days a week this summer but, as I was on a slack-induced hiatus, I failed to acknowledge it. It was really more of a day care situation anyway. Now, however, I'm all about whoohooing my big boy as he starts school for real. After three all-too-brief years of being joined at the hip with me The Boy is headed off into the great big world.

The Open House was Tuesday morning and it mostly consisted of kids holding on tightly to their parents legs and hands as they sized up the teachers, other kids and toys. Slightly more than a month since the end of summer school and The Boy seemed a bit nervous at first too, but then he saw a collection of puzzles and a train set and qucickly forgot his trepidation.
 
Concerned again when we returned yesterday morning, eyes glassy as he followed me around, I was worried that we'd have a weapy repeat of the first week of summer school.

But he held it together.
 
I think the bounty of toys helped. Whatever. Happy first start of the school year, my sweet boy.

3 comments: