Friday, October 1, 2010

Foodie Friday

The MS diet thing is still not going well. For a number of reasons.

1. I have gorgonzola in the fridge that I've been using (sparingly) with my lunch because no one else will eat it.

2. We ran out of Almond Milk yesterday morning so I was forced to use The Boy's whole milk in my cereal.

3. It's really hard to cook for Hubs and The Boy and not use any fat, so I've still been using olive oil.

Despite those setbacks, I have been adhering to the revised MS diet I charged myself with following last week - I haven't had any red meat. No burgers or bacon or steaks. So that's progress.

So, for next week, I'll try to do a better job at avoiding the dairy and then I can really start to say I'm giving this MS diet thing a real chance.

Oh, and in related news, I'm going to try to get in a wee bit of exercise.

Take that, spare tire!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Aitch,
    I'm popping in from MSWorld. I blog as well.
    Are you on the Swank diet? I am...well, off and on. It's a hard one to stick to.
    Cheers,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen! I'm glad you found me!

    I'm not on the Swank diet per se, but I was inspired to try a modified version of it by a girl blogger who followed it religiously for 8 years - she's recently modified it herself since it's not really working for her :(

    And yeah, it seems fairly impossible, for me anyway, to follow, that's why I'm attempting to try a gentler version of it.

    How's it working for you?

    ReplyDelete