Monday, October 11, 2010

Please forgive me while I waste some time on the pity pot

We went to a first birthday party yesterday, The Boy, Hubs and I.

It was lovely. It was in a train museum in a park, my friend and her husband did a fantastic job getting everything ready for their little boy and my little boy had an awesome time running around and playing in the dirt.

All of my friend's friends were sweet and I got to see some folks I haven't seen in years.

It should have been a perfect day out, were it not for the fact that I was the creepy chick who sat glued to a park bench instead of the fabulously witty and social girl I'd like to be.

Everybody loved The Boy but seemed slightly bemused when they found out he belonged to me.

I took my scooter because I was worried about how far into the park the party might be, and some of the older kids(belonging to an old friend) asked 1st) if I could walk and 2nd) if they could ride my scooter. They were polite about it, and I could console myself with the thought that I didn't actually need the stupid thing, but I was still mortified.

Both situations - the isolation on the park bench and examination of my gimpy chariot - could have been avoided if I'd stayed in my scooter and moved about like a social butterfly in it, but I'm stubborn and have yet to come to terms with the fact that, on a hot day like yesterday, I'm usually incapable of comfortably standing around whilst having a chat.

So, crappity crap! It's all my fault! I'm imperfect, but I'm working on it. If I can't be the fabulously witty girl flitting about on foot, then I'll be the fabulously witty girl flitting about on wheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment