Friday, August 26, 2011

Dreaming of Cold Weather

I've only been 3 clothing sizes my whole life - my super skinny late-teen and twenties size 2, the early middle-age spread that bumped me up to a size 6-8 in my early 30's, and my post baby - would still be a size 8 if it wasn't for my fat belly - a size 8-10. And don't hate me, I'm a small-boned 5'1" so hardly skinny binny bitching about not fitting a sample size.

So yeah, shopping for myself isn't nearly as fun as it used to be and I've been clad in nothing but jeans and black tees since Facebook had a The in front of it. Fortunately, or unfortunately for my wallet, I've got The Boy as a means of sartorial expression now, outgrowing perfectly good clothes every few months. I'm not saying he has a huge wardrobe, it's actually quite small, but I have a heck of a lot of fun shopping for his clothes the few times a year that I do it.

Now is just such a time, when the trees are full and green but the back-to-school commercials are cluttering up my TV. It may kind of hard to contemplate Fall or Winter when it's 100 degrees out and our AC is busted, but some recent online sales have led me to do a bit of preemptive shopping. I learned last year that waiting for the weather to cool off before buying sweaters and hats means I end up staring at an 'Out of Stock' label on most of what I want for The Boy.

Anyhoo, here are some of the things that should soon be arriving on our doorstep.



Can't wait! Now I've got to stick my head in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment