Monday, August 22, 2011

Hippy Hair

It's almost time for The Boy's first hair cut. Born with a smattering of dark hair then the victim of infant pattern baldness, he's remained pretty much a baldy his whole 2+ years. Even now when he's got more hair than I ever could have imagined, it's still thin and sparse and seemingly undeserving of a trip to the barber's.

But it is starting to get long, and he seems to have inherited my penchant for cowlicks.

Observe

So yeah, there might not be much of it but it is quite stickie-outie. Hubs has been wanting to have it trimmed for months. I brushed it off and told him I'd be willing to part with The Boy's precious locks when his hair started hanging in his eyes. And I was gonna stick to that, but more and more it seems to be bugging him. Scratching at his ears and rubbing his head until he gives himself a static mohawk... I think he's trying to tell me that it's time.

I had been eying up local kid's hair cutting places, but then I saw THIS article on a website that I'm embarrassed to admit I frequent. And it led me to think that maybe THIS place might be fun for his first hair cut. I mean, yeah, it's in fancy schmancy Beverly Hills, but it's got awesome Yelp ratings and looks like it might be super fun for The Boy. I mean who wouldn't want to have their hair cut in a car before OD'ing on candy?

Decisions, decisions.

2 comments:

  1. Ok, I just have to warn you: I found Ada's first haircut very emotional. I too blew it off for months until the hair in the eyes demanded a solution (she swipes out any and all manner of hair accessories and hats). There on my Dad's dining room table my step-mother, who used to cut hair, trimmed Ada's bangs. I stood there and cried and took pictures. At least the car and the candy etc will offer some distraction for the Boy and for you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crying and picture taking will be part of our first hair cutting experience as well. I get teary just thinking about it. His little noggin his so soft and downy, and the thought of cutting the hair he was either born with or that he grew out after the hair he was born with fell out(or rubbed off, I'm not sure) makes me so incredibly sad and nostalgic.

    ReplyDelete