Thursday, September 1, 2011

Big Boy Bedding

The Boy hasn't always been a fan of sleeping. He was an atrocious sleeper as an infant - like, waking once an hour on a good night, atrocious - and is only a moderately good sleeper now. He stays up until 9:30 or 10, fights Hubs putting him down for naps on the weekends and is often prone to sleeping on the floor, standing up or with a limb hanging precariously off the sofa.




So with so much thought about The Boy sleeping as an infant/young toddler, I've been finding it hard to contemplate him sleeping on his own, in a bed in his own room - yes, he still sleeps in our room. It's weird and hippiesh and co-dependent. See above comments on The Boy's sleeping patterns to see why I don't care.

Anyhoo, I've been casually perusing boy bedding for a while, not really caring. Until last week... I never knew I could be so excited by bedding, but I just got The Boy's duvet cover and sheets for his first big boy bed and I think I'm in luuurrrve. Seriously, we're not even ready to turn his crib into toddler bed, so who knows when he'll be ready to sleep in the full-sized bed that's now functioning as our guest bed, but I am so darn pleased with my purchase I can't stand it.

This is what it looks like

The thrift store loving me from 10-15 years go would be cringing. "Why be so effing ostentatious?" I'd say, or "How will he even notice? He doesn't seem to have minded the $10 Winnie the Pooh stuff from Target that he's been sleeping on for the last 2 years. Sellout!"

In my current self's defense, the bedding was on sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment