Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Only Child of An Only Child

We had a busy weekend, lots of errands, breakfast with my mom, dinner with a friend and a 2nd birthday party for an old friend's little boy. It's a sad state of affairs when I think about the fact that she's my only IRL friend who has a child anywhere near The Boy's age. Makes me sad that he is relatively socially isolated(from kids his own age, anyway). So as much as I cherish this time together and as much as I cling to him being all mine, I'm also really eager for him to start school next September - to have frequent interaction with other little kids. To have little friends and toddler interaction beyond what he gets from Gymboree and his little neighborhood buddies.

Anyway, because he doesn't get the chance to socialize much we jumped at the chance to get out and go to a birthday party. The party was at Travel Town in Griffith Park, a place The Boy loves. Lots of trains and dirt, other little kids and a wooden train set set up for them to play with(good practice for Christmastime ;) )




It was hot out but lovely. So happy birthday, toddler buddy! And thanks for a great day at the park.

3 comments:

  1. So wonderful!

    My pediatrician told us at our last visit that it wasn't critical for Ada to be interacting with other kids. Thank goodness! She isn't in daycare and I was worried that she would be at a disadvantage as a result. Still, we try hard to get her out and playing with other (or near) other kids. It's an effort, but worthy whenever you can make it happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute photos!! what a cool looking park!
    and yeah, i hear you on socializing the wee one. Lovie has no family her age and IRL friends i do have with kids her age don't live too nearby; but it's one of the reasons why i LOVE that she's in a daycare center. she's a people person (very much unlike me) and i attribute it to school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad it's not "critical" that he socializes with his peers yet, but I mostly interacted with adults when I was little and have always blamed that for my being kind of weird :P

    And Travel Town is all kinds of awesome. It's only a half hour away from us so we really need to get out there more.

    ReplyDelete