Monday, October 3, 2011

2 Years Old and Already a Do-Gooder

My mom hosted her annual BikeMS fundraiser 2 weekends ago. She's been hosting 2 fundraisers a year for years; a Spring one for The Walk and a late Summer/early Fall one for the bike ride. Mom can't really show The Boy off at the Spring event yet as it's an inside affair and too crowded for The Boy to keep his cool, but he's gone to the Bike event for the last 2 years and been a great, big hit.

As friends and family crowded the yard of the house I grew up in The Boy charmed everyone with his smile and wore out Hubs with his energy. He also spent some time playing with a little girl who is a few months younger than him who happens to be his 3rd cousin? 2nd cousin once removed? What the heck is The Boy's relation to my cousin's kid?


It was a great afternoon and evening and I love the fact that The Boy will grow up learning from his grandma's example of philanthropy. Or civic duty? Again, I'm not really sure.

The best thing about going was that my dad's little brother, Mom's former brother in law, was down from the Bay Area. He was my absolute favorite uncle growing up - I've got lots of uncles - but he's only had the opportunity too meet The Boy once before, like a year ago. Here they are with my mom.

So relatives were seen, money was raised, wine was drunk and a good time was had by all.

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! So glad your mom is doing that. It's a great thing to do but also a terrific example for the boy.

    ReplyDelete