Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Best Thing Ever

My sweet boy

Listening to the sweet baby sounds he makes while sleeping, then listening to him talk to himself, or maybe to us, when he wakes up.

Seeing his eyes light up when he plays.

Seeing his eyes light up when his dad is done working, then running over to give his dad a hug.

Dancing and giggling to any and all songs – even the ones his tone-deaf mama sings to him.

Watching how excited he gets when I go anywhere near the fruit bowl, and saying “nananana” to let me know he’d like a banana.

Baby smell, even though he’s a toddler now.

Super soft baby hair.

Saying “Mama” and reaching for me.

Being so transparent when he’s tired, rubbing his eyes and sticking out his lower lip.

Letting me give him kisses even when he would rather play.

Touching my face and smiling when I nurse him.

My Boy is too wonderful for me to be able to list all the things that make him the best thing ever, but this is a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment