Friday, September 17, 2010

Foodie Friday

My week, or half-week as it were since I started on Wednesday, of the MS-friendly Swank diet didn’t go exceptionally well, but it went better than expected considering my love for hamburgers and all things dairy.

Wednesday went pretty well – made the switch to almond milk for my tea and cereal and had broth and udon noodles for lunch. Met some friends for dinner and even passed up some of my favorite fried chicken and mashed potatoes for some angel hair pasta with tomatoes.

My one slip-up – and it was a biggie – was having dessert. Figuring I’d been so doing so well the rest of the day, I indulged in a very chocolatey and very creamy cake.

Thursday was about the same; I did well for breakfast and lunch, but then – having to use the ground beef we’d bought before I decided to eat MS-friendly – I made and ate a Shepherd’s Pie.

Onto today. I’ve been good so far, but am hoping to get The Boy to the County Fair, so I’ll probably be eating a corn dog for dinner and deep fried Twinkie for dessert.

Oh well, it’s progress. And I can shoot for having a few all good days next week.
But in the meantime, in honor of the approach of my favorite season, here is my favorite Autumnal food.

Bourbon Pumpkin Cheesecake


Have been baking it with my mom since high school. Originally from Gourmet magazine, now to be found on epicurious.com.

Hope it's a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment