Tuesday, September 21, 2010

In Search of Cloth Trainers

Though I bought my first Bum Genius 3.0 at a fancy schmancy boutique in my hometown and filled out the rest of my early stash of Bum Genius 3.0s from diapers.com, the place where I learned the most about cloth diapering was a website called jilliansdrawers.com – the online arm of a shop in Ithaca, New York. (Also a place made famous by THIS post at Young House Love – I’m not one to normally give a shout-out to the popular kids, but I thought it was cool that they actually visited the shop).

It was from Jillian’s Drawers that I got almost all of my wipes(Imse Vimse), my Kissaluvs dipes and my Thirsties covers. Love them!

At first I was looking at them again when I started researching cloth trainers, but then I discovered a local store has cloth trainers as well. The bad news is that the local store doesn’t have the cloth trainers that seem to be the most highly recommended – Imse Vimse brand.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

They do have Little Beetles though

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

So what should I do? Just order some Imse Vimse from Jillian’s Drawers? Get a few of the Imse Vimse dipes from Jillian’s Drawers and a few of the super cute Little Beetles(a brand that is front and center at both Jillian’s Drawers and my local store) to see how they work and to support local business? Should I see if his cloth diapers hold out until he’s old enough to slip effortlessly into using big boy underwear? Am I over thinking this?

What to do? What to do? Good thing The Boy, despite making huge developmental leaps as of late, is nowhere near ready for training pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment