Friday, September 24, 2010

Foodie Friday

We were terribly sick this week, first The Boy, then Hubs, then me, so I’ve been seriously slack in keeping up with the blogging. We all had a stomach bug that the wee’un picked up from somewhere, presumably by chewing on something he shouldn’t have.

Needless to say my big plans for eating little fat have taken a serious nose dive. Our Friday night at the fair was a nutritional disaster. The days that have passed since then haven’t been particularly healthy either. I tried making some healthy turkey meatballs but they were so dry and terrifying that I have yet to try them(The Boy has enjoyed a few though). I had some In N Out on Wednesday, but promptly threw it all up. I went to bed shortly after.

The waste of a perfectly good burger, fries and milkshake notwithstanding, my main lesson of the day was that I will never get a day off. Ever! Well, at least not for the next 18 years or so.

As bad as I felt, The Boy still needed to be fed, changed, red to and played with. His own improving condition neither knew of nor cared that I felt like I’d been hit by a bus. The bug alone made me feel like a gigantic pile of poo, but the fever the bug brought meant that I moved at the speed approximating that of a glacier, that my limbs felt as though they were tethered to lead bricks.

We got through it, but only just. But as horrible as that sounds, I’m proud of us. I was incredibly sick, knocked on my butt by both the stomach flu and MS but we managed okay. In fact we managed better than okay! I never broke down in tears and The Boy seemed quite happy so, it was actually a success really. Go team!

No comments:

Post a Comment