Thursday, September 2, 2010

Nigella and Martha Need Not Worry

I am so not a domestic diva.

My best friend brought his girlfriend over for dinner last night. I would have loved to smarten up the place for her visit, but we need to vacuum, there's a pile of mail on the stairs and our cat has decided she likes peeing near her litter box and not in it, meaning the whole upstairs stinks of cat pee. Wouldn't have been the end of the world had my BFF's girl not followed The Boy whilst he demonstrated his stair-climbing talents.

The bright side was that I prepared an awesome meal of chicken pot pie, broccoli salad and chocolate truffle pie. All super yummy Southern food full of creamy goodness. Sounds good, right?

Well, after dinner I learned that she's lactose intolerant. Poor girl.

Thanks for giving me a heads up, BF!

1 comment:

  1. Neat freaks are over-reated. The best kinds of friends come to your home to enjoy you - the rest is details.

    ReplyDelete