Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Trip to the Beach: A Short Picture Story

It was a hot one, a real hot one, but we managed to get out and enjoy ourselves over the long weekend.

On Saturday we visited some friends at the beach, giving The Boy his first taste of sand and surf. I wasn't really sure what to expect, and was nervous about having to stay behind at a nearby cafe(stupid MS), but it was important that The Boy have his first visit to the ocean and to let the sand tickle his toes. He is, after all, a Californian.

Here he is with his dad as they approach the beach. It doesn't look so bad from afar.



My best friend, great water and beach lover that he is, took him from Hubs to give The Boy his salty baptism. It didn't go so well.


Unable to be convinced to take a dip, The Boy returned to Hubs and the enjoyed a nice walk in the sand.


After that my boys returned to me happy, slightly sandy and covered in sunscreen(I can be a bit heavy handed with the stuff). I'm so proud of my brave boy!

2 comments: